Well, I was out dining with hubs this past weekend. At a restaurant, they had on the menu Pork Porterhouse with cauliflower gnocchi. I was very intrigued and when I tasted it then my mind was like racing of all the ideas I could do. So I came home and picked up a head of cauliflower and off with experimenting and the help of Brenda Bennet who wrote a recipe on Pinterest (Sugar-Free Mom) for a low carb version.
3 cups of Cauliflower (steamed)
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup of grated parmesan
2 egg yolks
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp xantham gum
- So the first thing you want to do is place your mozzarella cheese in the microwave or on top of stove and melt, set aside.
- Cut up cauliflower and place in steamer or pot with a little bit of water (see picture below)
3. Place cooked cauliflower in a food processor (see picture below). Blend
4. add the parmesan, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper, xanthan gum, coconut flour, egg and blend till all incorporated.
5. Then place mixture in a bowl and last the mozzarella (see picture below)
6. Mix the cheese in and start rolling the gnocchi into 1-2 TB rolls. Place on greased cookie sheet (see picture below)
Place in freezer till finished rolling all gnocchi (being it makes so many, freeze then pack in freezer zip lock bags)
Now in Brenda’s recipe, it said to place them in boiling water. I did that and had a gooey mess. So the best way is to place from the freezer into the skilled of 2 TB of avocado oil and fry, then place in your favorite dish.
These are so yummy, they can make an outstanding mozzarella stick keto style.
Nutritional information: Serving size 8 each for 6 servings; Calories: 243, Fat 14, Net Carbs 5, Protein 20
So for us who keep track of our carbs 5 carbs for 8 of these. I personally could not eat 8.
I prepared another batch as mozzarella sticks and these were just as yummy (See picture below)
So there are just so many possibilities. They make about 50 Gnocchis. So you have something for a rush dinner, or to bring to a picnic.