I generally try to prepare a menu for the week. That way if it was a long day, and I generally have the idea of not knowing what I want for dinner. I can have the meat thawed out, or purchased and in the house.
Hungry for Mexican! While following the Keto lifestyle there is a bit of a change when it comes to Mexican food. No tortilla chips, beans, rice. I put my brain cap on, and one by one figured out what I could easily replace it with. I was hungry for chicken nachos. So I replaced the Nacho chip with a cheese chip, and then I got a rotisserie chicken and a few veggies and then topped it with more cheese and avocado and sour cream. This was so yummy and so filling.
After making this, I started to envision taco meat and fajitas.
Serves 4 Nutritional: Calories 229, Fat 13g, Protein 24g, Carbs 2
Keto Style Nachos
2 cups grated hard cheese (I used Asiago and Parmesan mixture)
2 tsp avocado oil or mct oil
1 cup Rotisserie chicken (diced in cubed shapes)
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup red onion
1/4 cup red/green pepper
1 Jalapeno diced and seeded (more or less per your preference)
1/2 Lime (juiced)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt/pepper
- Preheat oven 375
- Place the grated cheese by 1 TB drop on Parchment paper and spread out in circles, make sure they have some separation between each.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes
- Heat skillet with the oil add the diced onion, peppers, jalapeno and place in skillet of till wilted
- Add chicken and seasoning, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside
- Guacamole, salsa, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, lime wedges, avocado slices. Whatever makes you happy
Place your 4-5 cheese chips on a plate, top with your chicken, or hamburger topping, add your garnish and simply enjoy.