My daughter had her sprinkle for her son who is going to be a new addition to the family. She decided to theme it with donuts and sprinkles. I brought my chocolate donuts with sprinkles (note: chocolate donut recipe is already on my blog) and I brought pumpkin donuts being my daughter loves pumpkin everything.
Bacon is my best friend lately, so I had to sprinkle some bacon on the donuts.
Recipe for Julie’s Pumpkin Donuts with a Maple Bacon Glaze is here:
1/2 cup vanilla protein whey powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 unsweetened applesauce or 1/4 cup pyure
1 tsp vanilla
Serves: 6 Nutritional for 1 donut: Calories 105, Protein 11g, Fat 3.3, Carb 4
Preheat oven 350
- Grease donut hole pan with butter or coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl
- Combine both ingredients in one bowl
- Transfer batter to a zip lock bag and pipe into the greased donut pan
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Make sure donuts are completely cool before you dip into glaze
1/4 cup of coconut butter
2 TB cream cheese
1-2 TB coconut milk
1 tsp maple extract
- Melt all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl till melted.
- Dip donuts in to glaze.
Bacon, sprinkles or whatever topping you would enjoy.