This beauty was made with a gluten free bagel and homemade sausage, bacon and melted cheddar cheese. Makes a great breakfast sandwich to go. Keto style!!
Here is the recipe:
2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (frozen) *
2 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup gluten free sorghum flour
1/4 cup chia seed
1 TB Baking Poweder
1 TB chives
1 tsp salt
*Freezing the cheese makes for better melting and mixing. This was a trick I learned through experience. Adding the perfect balance of moisture.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Melt frozen shredded cheese and cream cheese in microwave for 2 minutes or till melted
- In a bowl whip the eggs and add the flours, chia see baking powder, salt and chives.
- Take the melted cheese mixture and pour over the dry ingredients and mix, mix with hands, knead till all of it is incorporated.
- Pinch off about 2 Tablespoons in your hand and roll between the palms of your hand, then place on counter and roll out to form a long roll, bring together ends and roll out.
- Place all bagels on cookie sheet with 2 inch between, you can brush with egg wash or butter
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Just till browned.
1 lb of ground pork
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp red pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
Take pork and mix all the ingredients in and place in refrigerator over night. In the morning take some in your hand pat it out in to a patty and grill for 4 minutes per side. Till light pink inside.
So to create this wonderful sandwich. Prepare some bacon ahead of time, place the bagel in a toaster. When toasted place on plate, top with sausage, bacon and melted cheese.
Nutrition for sandwich: Calories: 305, Protein: 18, Fat 24.6 Net carbs: 5