I am a kid at heart. I love some creamy hot chocolate. Even better frozen. So I have prepared a yummy treat to enjoy on these hot summer nights.
Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (any lactose free milk you enjoy)
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream (yes, this has very low amounts of lactose-when comes to serving-0 to serving)
2/3 cup xylitol
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 oz of unsweetened 90% chocolate bar
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (canned)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 oz whey protein powder (vanilla)
1/2 tsp quar gum (secret ingredient)
1.In a saucepan you want to add your almond milk, whipping cream, xylitol and cocoa powder and mix completely with a whisk over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
2.Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chocolate bar, stir till completely dissolved
3. Let chocolate mixture cool
4. Get your blender out, add the coconut milk, vanilla extract and the cooled chocolate mixture. Blend for about 15 seconds
5. Add the guar gum and protein powder and blend till all mixed in.
6. Pour into a glass dish and place cover over and place in refrigerator for 8 hours
- Ice cream container needs to be frozen, along with the blade.
7. After the 8 hours is complete. Get your ice cream maker out of freezer place on stand.
8. Mix the chocolate mixture before adding too cream maker. Churn as to instructions.
9. When it forms a soft ice cream stage. Remove and place in a chilled glass dish and place in freezer for about another 6 hours.
The guar gum in this recipe, I believe is responsible to the creamy soft ice cream consistency you are looking for. Guar gum can be purchased online at Amazon or at your local health food store. Some of the higher end grocery stores could possibly have it too.
Serves 10 1/3 cup per serving
Nutrition: Calories 90, Carbs 14g , Fat 4g, Protein 7g