Being I had a pampered chef party recently, I received a cookbook as a part to hosting the show. I saw this recipe and as I was reading it, I was like….this might be very tasty…. It reminded me the day after thanksgiving. The recipe called for ground turkey and I am not a huge fan of turkey so I used ground pork instead. It was so yummy and was easy to prepare.
Here is the recipe: Serves 4
- Place 3 potatoes in the microwave for about 4 minutes, till tender. Peel and set aside
8oz ground pork or turkey
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp fresh thyme leaves, divided
1 TB fresh sage leave chopped
1 TB oil (I prefer avocado oil)
3 Cups of diced potatoes
2 celery Stalks
1/2 cup cranberry sauce whole berry
2. Preheat oven 350
Heat dutch oven add the ground turkey or pork, add salt, pepper, thyme and sage. Cook for 6-8 minutes without stiring
3. Slice the leeks and celery and set aside. Add the potatoes and the leeks and celery to the meat mixture.
4. Crack the eggs onto mixture and place a lid on top. Cook to your perfected doneness.
5. Juice 1/2 of the orange and add to the 1/2 cup of the cranberry sauce add to the the hash.
6. Juice the remaining orange and add the cranberry sauce to it, and the remainder of the Thyme leaves and place in bowl and serve along the hash.
Serve and Enjoy!!
This will be a meal, that I will serve over and over again.