Sometimes, I just enjoy the cold nights. Comfort food just warms the soul. And this recipe will do you the same. Its warm and makes the cold body just get snugly.
Chicken pot pie made any way is fine by me. I love my comfort food. This recipe I decided to make my own buttermilk biscuits. I prefer homemade over store bought any day. Prepare what is easy for you.
Chicken pot pie chowda Serves 6
2 TB avocado oil
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves (use garlic press)
1/4 c flour
2 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cup milk
2 cup frozen mixed veggie (corn, green beans, carrots and peas)
1 1/2 cup or cooked grilled smoked chicken
1/4 cup parsley
1 pkg buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat the oven 400. Heat the oil in your dutch oven.
- Add chopped onion and garlic till softened 3-5 minutes
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic mixture
- add stock, salt, pepper and increase heat
- Bring mixture to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the dutch oven to release the flour
- add the milk, vegetables, chicken and parsley…stir
- gently place the biscuits on top of the chowder
- bake uncovered for 12-15 minutes till the top of biscuits are golden brown