This was the first time I made this, and oh was it good. I got the recipe from a pampered chef and was wonderfully surprised on the flavor fullness. This is a dish, that you want to make sure you make plenty of. You can easily have another helping.
Normally Carbonara is made with pasta. Preparing this in a healthier flare made this a new hit.
Recipe: Serves 4
4 medium zucchini, ( i used my kitchen aid sprializer) use whatever you have to create noodles
4 pieces of bacon
2 garlic gloves
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2/3 cup of half and half
1 TB cornstarch
1 cup frozen peas
1 oz fresh parmesan
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- Take your sprilazed zucchini and lay out on top of paper towels to squeeze out the excess moisture
- Chop up the bacon and cook until slightly crispy.
- add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the bacon
- add the zoodles
- take the cornstarch and half and half and mix together in a bowl
- Pour over the zoodles
- add the peas
- cook for 4 minutes…sauce should start to thicken
- Grate the Parmesan over the zoodles